Why spend money on pricey highlighter when you can achieve a beautiful, natural glow without it? We all want to achieve a gorgeous, glowing complexion… and a lot of use make up to achieve this well sought-after look. What if we told you didn’t have to? We are going to let you in on all of the expert tips on how to get glowing skin, naturally, right from home.
Without further ado, here are 15 tips to get the natural glow you’ve always wanted…
1. Ditch the Steamy Hot Showers. Long, hot showers can strip the skin of essential moisture, causing it to appear dry and dull. If you are looking for a natural glow, opt for short, cooler showers instead. Your skin will thank you!
2. Add moisturizing add-ins to your bath for when you are craving a steamy soak. While excessive amounts of time in hot water can dry out your skin, adding some moisturizing ingredients to your bath can combat these negative effects. Add a few bags of your favorite tea to provide the skin with antioxidants. You can also add oatmeal, powdered milk, and grapeseed oil to add moisture to your bath.
3. Add Vitamin C to Your Skincare Routine. Apply Vitamin C Serum twice a day to get rid of acne scarring, lighten any dark spots, even out your skin tone, and brighten the skin’s natural complexion.
4. Drink Lots of Tea! We all know the benefits of drinking water for our skin but hydrating with Tea can give your skin an extra boost of brightness. Tea is a great source of antioxidants that do wonders for the skin. Drink more tea and you will help protect your skin against free radicals, aging, skin cancer, while also giving your complexion the glow it craves.
5. Avoid Alcohol. Don’t worry, we aren’t talking about the alcohol in your cocktails. While these can dehydrate you, drinking water while consuming can negate these dehydrating effects. Where we are more concerned is the alcohol used in skincare products. You are going to want to avoid these at all costs! They are no good for your skin, and they tend to dry it out, causing it took look dull and flakey. It will be hard to achieve the natural glow you want if you are using skincare products that contain alcohol in them.
6. Moisturize with Hyaluronic Acid. In order to attain the sought-after dewy glow, you will want to incorporate Hyaluronic Acid into your skincare routine. This ultra-hydrating ingredient retains the skin’s moisture and increases collagen production. So not only are you working toward a beautiful glow, you are ridding of fine lines and wrinkles in the process. We love this cell hydrating serum because when you pat it in on lightly with your hands and it gives you a dewy glow instantaneously!
7. Give Micro Needling A Go. If you are airing on the side of a procedure to combat your dull skin concerns, medically trained professionals can give you sessions that combine micro needling with hyaluronic acid filler injections to give your skin a dewy glow while boosting collagen production. These procedures can run pricey so don’t worry, applying hyaluronic acid topically and religiously will give you similar results over time.
8. Treat Your Face to A Massage. Facial massages are a great tool for how to get glowing skin. Massaging a serum into your face with your fingertips stimulates blood flow and really wakes up your complexion. Other benefits of facial beauty massages include freshness and rejuvenation, supple skin, tightened skin, and a delayed onset of wrinkles.
9. Use a Hydrating Spritzer. Using a spritzer throughout the day is a great way to refresh your skin and give it a dewy glow. Try finding a spritzer with rose water to soothe the skin and provide moisture. Bonus Tip: Spritz your face after applying your makeup and it will give you the south-after dewy glow, while acting as a setting spray that helps your makeup stay on longer.
10. Run a Humidifier. This tip is especially important in the winter when the air is drier. Try to run a humidifier every night in your bedroom to moisturize the air while you sleep. This will help your skins moisture and glow in the long run, while also positively affecting your lungs.
11. Remember to Exfoliate. Exfoliation is SO important to achieving a natural glow. In order to show off your best complexion, you must clear the dead skin cells that reside on your face and clog up your pores. For this reason, we recommend using a daily cleanser that gently exfoliates. This Pineapple Brightening Cleanser is our favorite. It uses Pineapple Enzymes to gently exfoliate the skin, while incorporating AHA’s and antioxidants to dissolve dark spots and brighten the complexion as a whole.
12. Brighten Up Your Diet. There are plenty of foods that will brighten your complexion naturally once you start eating them. Tomato, Kale, Avocado, Carrot, Papaya, Strawberry, Lemon, Sweet Potatoes, Blueberries, Walnuts, Oranges, Pumpkin, Salmon, Turmeric, and Spinach, just to name a few…. Add these brightening food sources to your diet and you will be sure to have a natural glow in no time.
13. Keep Your Beauty Products Clean. opt for skincare and beauty products that use all-natural ingredients. The nasty chemical additives that are found in some cosmetics greatly harm your skin and hurt your chances of achieving a natural glow.
14. Pop a High Potency Multivitamin Daily. Make sure to get your daily vitamins so that your skin is well-nourished. Adding a supplement to a healthy diet is a sure-fire way to do this.
15. Exercise Daily. Sweating is the most natural way to rid of toxic chemicals that build up on your skin. Also, exercise gets your blood properly flowing throughout your body, which in turn wakes up your complexion. Always remember to wash your face directly after exercising, as forgetting to do so can cause a world of unnecessary skincare problems.